10.10.2006

Friday the 13th

Well, I did it! I braved a phone call and called the doc's office today. I will be giving birth this Friday the 13th to my Little Kid Rock (get it?)! I have a couple of prayer requests please. First, please pray that they can find a good vein. Last time I was in the hospital in June they had to put in a central line and that wasn't pleasant. I know, I know. I shouldn't be so selfish with my blood! Secondly, because of my nasty hips (both big and arthritic!) I am unable to spread my legs very far apart. I will be put under, but I know once I am awake the pain will be more severe than it is now. I guess that should do it! I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers!

I also want to say that I know how blessed I am and this kind of thing is nothing compared to what people deal with every. single. day. I am truly thankful that I am still able to leave my house and see God's beautiful world. I am thrilled that I can still speak and be heard. I am blessed with the ability to eat and drink. I am capable of going to the bathroom when needed. I praise God that my range of motion may not be the best, but I am able to have surgery that will help me continue to do the things I love.

I know how blessed I am because these are the things my precious daddy is no longer able to do. But you know what?! He will be the first one to say that he is truly blessed because he has a window he can look out and see God's beautiful world! He is thrilled that he can still listen when we sit around and talk about the good times we've had! He still lets mom know when he is hungry so she can feed him through his feeding tube! Dad is thankful for his catheter since he is no longer able to walk! And dad loves it when we come over and move him so he is more comfortable or we sit and lightly scratch or tickle his legs and arms! You see....when we are faced with a situation we can always find someone else in a worse predicament than ourselves.

God is good and it's times like these that draw us nearer to Him.

I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Pamela said...

Amy, you are amazing! I feel the same, as you do that there always is someone worse off and it's those inspirational people, such as your self that spur us on.

I love your sense of humor! Very cute, and I am so glad you will finally have your "kid rock"! lol

My prayers are with you and be it God's will your will not suffer as much post partum! :)

Barb said...

Your attitude really is amazing. You're right, of course. There's always someone worse off than us. It's just hard to remember sometimes. I'll keep you in my prayers Friday.