3.24.2007

A Stolen Meme and Benefits Of Being Handicapable

I stole this from DeeDee. Me thief.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 1:30 am, 3:00 am and then for good at 5:30 am when my oldest was just arriving home. Now, now. Don't get the wrong idea! She was at Relay For Life that benefits cancer.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Like LaKisha sang the other night~Diamonds Are Forever!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Shooter~last night with my hubs! See what I wrote after this meme.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Little House On The Prairie. I know it's in reruns, but I can find it at least three times a day to watch. You didn't say it had to be current!
5. What did you have for breakfast? Well, since everyone was sleeping because of being out all night I had to survive on my own. I managed to find some popcorn on the floor, but when my dog saw me going for it she ran over and ate it. Grrr! The weird thing is she doesn't even like popcorn!
6. What is your middle name? Diane. I always wanted to change it to Marie.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian men.
8. What foods do you dislike? I usually say no thank you to eel and lima beans.
9. What are your favorite chips? I like plain potato chips, especially if they are curly. And I like to dip them in ketchup.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? 4Him. Any of their cd's at anytime.
11. What kind of car do you drive? Dodge Caravan. But in my dreams a 1967 black Mustang!
12. Favorite sandwich? Chicken salad on wheat bread. And I wouldn't be upset if I found a hidden suprise either. Say a chocolate bar or something along those lines!
13. What are characteristics you can’t stand? When someone is self absorbed. If they are not into me than I don't want to have anything to do with them! LOL!
14. What are your favorite clothes? I so wish I could go anywhere I wanted in my pajamas. I have one night gown that I bought over twenty years ago at Disneyland. It has Minnie Mouse on it. It has been washed a thousand times probably. It is so thin I can't wear it in front of my son anymore.
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go? Back to Swizerland in a heartbeat. We stayed at a cozy bed and breakfast and it was simply beautiful!
Where is sixteen? Would I want to be 16 again? I don't think so!
17. Where would you want to retire? We own our own business which means we will never be able to retire!
18. Favorite time of day? In the evening when my joints start loosening up and I'm ready to breakdance!
19. Where were you born? Beech Grove, Indiana at St. Francis Hospital. Half of my cousins were born there too!
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? I love it that the Colts won the SuperBowl and all, but I don't like to watch sports. As you read earlier Little House is probably on so I will be watching that!
21. Coke or Pepsi? How about a Diet Mountain Dew instead?
22. Beavers or ducks? Either, as long as Chocolate Mousse cake follows!
23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Neither. I'm an evening-er.
24. Pedicure or manicure? I've never had either one done professionally, but I do love it when my husband washes my feet and massages them and puts on all the fancy lotions on them.
25. What did you want to be when you were little? I always knew I would be a mom. I have three beautiful, caring, loving children. Ages 20, 18 and 16. They rock!
26. What is your best childhood memory? I had the best childhood ever! I would probably have to say spending an evening with my family watching Charlie Chaplin movies we rented from the library. Not videos or dvds. These were the reel to reel tapes we had to set up all our own. Mom would make popcorn and we would all laugh til we cried.
27. Ever been to Africa? No, but my hubby has and loved it!
28. Ever been toilet papering? Since my mom doesn't read this~the answer is yes!
29. Been in a car accident? Yes, Bambi ran out in front of me on my way to church. Wonder what he has against religion?
30. Favorite day of the week? Wednesday night because we have Awana at church and I love teaching the 3rd and 4th grade girls!
31. Favorite restaurant? Romano's Macaroni Grill. Ever been there?
32. Favorite flower? Snapdragons because they are just fun!
33. Favorite ice-cream? Edy's sugar free~any flavor. It is actually quite good!
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? Culver's! And we are getting one in just a few weeks!!
35. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Yay for me...not once! I cheated. Not really.
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? From my hubs at work. He sent me a link to one of my favorite cartoon characters as a girl~Hoshimoto. Anybody remember him?
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Let's say I use your credit card and I'll shop at Kohl's. I'll make sure most of it is on sale or clearance!
38. Last person you went to dinner with? My hubs and I went last night to Dairy Queen before the movie. I'm a cheap date. Hamburgers were only .79 and we shared a drink. But I refused to share my ice cream cone! I said I'm cheap date, but I'm also selfish.
39. What are you listening to right now? My bulldog is beside me snoring, the birds are chirping outside and my tummy is saying~FEED ME!
40. What is your favorite color? Easy one! You got any harder questions? BLUE!
41. How many tattoos do you have? None, but if I did it would probably be a purple sock. Only a few of you will catch on to that. Plus I am just kidding~I would have to make it a pair!
42. How many are you sending this Email to? Do people still do that?
43. What time did you finish this e-mail blog entry? Does it really matter? Okay, it's 5:17 pm.
44. Favorite magazine: Highlights~hey, you know when you take your kids to the doctor you snatch it up first so you can go to the hidden puzzle. And who doesn't love Goofus and Gallant?
45. Coffee or tea? Hot chocolate please!
46. Do you tan easily or burn easily? Burn baby burn, disco inferno!
47. Do you color your hair? If so, how often? I don't, but I am getting so much gray I may think about it!
48. What was the first car you ever purchased without the help of your parents? A brand new 1984 blue Tempo! We were so proud of ourselves.
49. What is your most dreaded household chore? Since I am mom I enjoy ALL my chores! Okay, now that my kids aren't behind my back reading this I hate cleaning the bathroom sinks. Where does all that gunk come from?
50 Who do you tag to complete this meme? YOU! Just let me know if you do it so I can read yours. Or save it for a rainy day if you want.

And now for something completely different:

Last night I decided to use my new wheels and go see Shooter with my husband. When we went to pay for it the little girl said there was no charge! Our movie theatre has a free policy for the person in the wheelchair and their companion. HOW COOL IS THAT? Have you ever heard of this before? I may decide to not get hip replacements after all!

4 comments:

Southern Girl said...

Wow, that's very cool about the free tickets -- I've never heard of such a thing around here, but I wouldn't mind stumbling across it. ;)

Michelle said...

Great answers on the meme!

I think that's wonderful they let people in for free if they are in a wheelchair!

After Kayla was born I found out about the National Park Golden Access Pass (Now called America the Beautiful Access Pass). It's pass for those that are disabled to get into the national park/forest services free, or reduced prices, plus the caregiver (parents etc) with them. At first I felt a little guilty signing up for it, but then I thought why not? The program is there and available so why not use it? Here is the link: http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

It's the 3rd one down in the list.

Unknown said...

I like this. I may need to use! I love all you answers and I am proud of your daughter

ann said...

I copied your survey and it was fun! Thanks for sharing - hope you can visit!