8.26.2006

Everyday Thanks



As I walk slowly down the hall I hear my crutch make a "tink" sound. I move the other foot forward hearing that same sound. Each step is more painful than the last. By the time I reach my destination I am in tears, only because the pain is unbearable at that point. I sit down, relieved, take a deep breath and wipe the tears away.

I am thankful for pain that brings tears. I've had arthritis since I was ten and from the day it started I have never experienced a day free from pain. But that's okay! My pain is a reminder that God is with me through all of this. This is His plan for me.

Because He has allowed this in my life makes me realize that He knows I am strong, even when I feel weak. There have only been a couple of times when I thought I just can't do this anymore. Instead of thinking I have to get through day by day I changed my way of thinking and thought, "Okay, Lord, we will get through this together moment by moment." You know what? It works!

I hope I would have a close a relationship with God if I wasn't in pain, but I don't know. I do know~~~~Pain leads to Prayer which leads to Praise!


No comments: