8.27.2007

Momma Would Be Pleased!





A gal could get a big head if she's not careful with all these wonderful awards. Christine and De both honored me with Nice Matters Award. My momma would be so proud! Thank you ladies for thinking of me as nice...trust me, I can have my bad days too! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post though. But since you are both so nice I am sure you understand that sometimes life gets in the way.

I love Christine to death and I know that if we lived close to each other we would be gabbing buddies. Not that I talk a lot or anything! And our friendship would consist of lots of laughter, me being the taste tester of her creations (since she loves to cook and all!), shoulders to cry on with ears and a heart to listen, and an understanding that when life gets in the way and we haven't talked in like forever doesn't mean that we're not still best friends.

De is so funny. Her sarcasm just cracks me up! And I know we could be good friends too. We'd have the understanding that when De needs her solace I quit talking and go home :o) And De shared her heart with me on one of her first comments and I think that takes alot of guts to do. De, you may not remember it, but I have prayed for your request ever since.

This is what The Nice Matters Award is given for, “This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award.”

Now it is my privilege to pass it on to some special people! And I'm doing this in alphabetical order as always because I don't want anyone to think that they were chosen last! I know some of you have already received this, but please let me share why I think you deserve it....

Amy And I promise it has nothing to do with her beautiful name! Sometimes I think we might be one in the same though. We have a lot of common character traits. She's a faithful commenter which is hard when you read so many blogs! And I just love how much she adores and supports her husband, Michael.

Connie She is a recent blessing to me. Her posts make me think and want to have a better, closer relationship with my Lord. When I ask for prayer I know that she does. I am looking forward to getting to know her better!

DeeDee Now who doesn't love this girl? I know she has a huge following, but she makes time for me...little old me! I hope that one day we can meet when she decides to return to Indiana. Love ya girl!

Donetta Another recent discovery and blessing. We are already in full swing of getting to know each other more intimately. I am thankful that she has trust in me enough to share her heart. She, too, will pray for me and is concerned with my well being even though we just met like two weeks ago!

Heather I don't know if she's into these awards or not, but I love this girl. She was so kind when I first started blogging and helped me set up everything...well, she didn't help...she did it all! And she never hesitates to answer a question or offer to help. But setting that aside I love Heather because she is so happy and smiles a lot. Her blog is full of pictures of just about anything. She's very dedicated to her education and who knows...maybe one day I will get to meet her when she helps perform surgery or something on me! Kewel!

Kailani Her blog really is a happy place and once you're there you hate to leave! She's a dedicated blogger who replies to my comments...now that's dedication! She's thoughtful and sent a really nice gift the other day that I am enjoying very much. Plus she loves High School Musical 1 & 2 and is not ashamed to admit it ;o) She's my kinda girl.

Kimmy I love her. I just do. She's crazy about pink the same way I am about blue. She loves the number seven even more than I do. Her heart is HUGE I tell ya. I love her openness and honesty when she writes. She's faithful in prayer and encouragement. Now why wouldn't I think she's nice?

What? I'm already at my seven...but I wasn't done nominating my peeps! Bah, who am I to stick to rules? And I mean that in the nicest way possible. (Phew! Thought you might take my award away if I had attitude)

Michelle and Kayla I have to pick both of them because even though Kayla may not know it right now, she makes me smile big time! She's just precious and you need to stop by and get to know her. And Michelle is just as precious as her daughter. Michelle shares her life with Kayla and Joe and she is expecting again! She's faithful at leaving comments and we all know that deep down inside we like to get comments!

Stacy What can I say? She's nice enough to e-mail me and let me know that her husband is okay when he is out in this heat! I mother everyone, including people I don't know and will probably never know this side of Heaven. We both like useless information and ice cream! Which by the way I am going to Culver's tonight and the flavor of the day is Brownie Thunder! Sounds de-lish, doesn't it Stacy?

Southern Girl I say again, who doesn't love this chic? We've both had some obstacles to overcome and she does it with such dignity. She loves Clay as much as I love Donny. And her strength in Christ shines through. I want to be like her when I grow up!

Ladies, I have to be totally honest with y'all. My niceness right now is zilch because I had every body's name highlighted or whatever you call it and it vanished! I keep trying to link your names back and it just won't work! GGgrrrrrr! I'm still such a novice at all this that I haven't figured out what I did wrong. But give me another chance and I will try to fix it! Thank you.

P.S. I get to go for my six week check up tomorrow. Please pray that everything has healed properly and I can start bearing full weight on it again. My arthritic hip has just about had enough!

10 comments:

Denise said...

I read about you dear on Donettas blog. I want you to know, you are very much in my prayers, sending you great big hugs.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

You are just the sweetest thing! Congrats on your award, and thank you for thinking of me! Brownie Thunder, ohmygosh, that sounds awesome! I certainly hope you ate an extra bit just for me! Yum-o!

Hope the check-up goes well, will be thinking of you. Let us know when you can, and take care :)

Kimmy said...

Amy: Thanks for giving me this award. I had to laugh when I came to your blog today and find out that you'd been nominated for this already, because I just did my post for this award (that I had already received from another blogger, not you), and you are one of my recipients as well. I left you a message on your post previous to this one, redirecting you to my blog, but I think wires got crossed somewhere. In any case, THANK YOU. And congratulations. You are SO deserving of this.
((HUGE HUGS))
-Kimmy-

Talk..to..Grams said...

I to read about you on Donntta's blog. You will be in my prayers...
Hugs from Grams!

Michelle said...

well you do deserve this award as you are one of the nicest bloggers out there! I wish we could meet in person one day! Thanks so much for passing this on to me, I'm blessed that you feel that way and I'm grateful Kayla can bring a smile to your face!

Heather said...

Awww thank you for the award, I do think you meant me :) There are many heathers out there!

I'm with a rheumatologist this week and I think of you all the time. I do hope your appointment goes well!!

Amrita said...

thru Donetta I came to know abt. your surgery. may the Lord grant you safe surgery and recovery.

Unknown said...

Amy, first a BIG HUG to you! You are a dear sweet friend, and you're in my prayers. That would be really cool to all get together in Hawaii and save Kailani the trip.
We'd laugh, we'd cry, we'd eat too much!
BTW,things were a little better with Marissa today!
Take care,
~Christine
www.arewethereyetmom.com

Kailani said...

Sending positive vibes your way! Pretty soon you'll be dancing around to the soundtrack!

Thank you for the award!

kailani
An Island Life

Donetta said...

Hi Sweet Heart thank you for the kindness. I too could use a bowl of ice cream tonight. They had to pull the tooth today and it had gotten to the jaw bone. I had not gotten around to visit until just now. i tried to rest but T.V. is just awful! then I came here cause I been praying and thinking about you and look what I find , a big sweet hug. I hope we have a much less painful day tomorrow.