11.30.2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things You Might Not Know About Me (Or Even Care To Know!)
1. I am easily entertained. I can sit for hours watching the giraffes or the penguins at the zoo, laughing out loud the entire time! I love to people watch at the mall. And I love watching babies do anything, even sleep! And I still enjoy looking in the clouds and trying to find things like dragons and stuff like that!
2. I never had a a real girlfriend until I was about 27 years old. For some reason I always preferred hanging out with guys! There was never as much drama with them (you know what I am talking about, don't ya?) But my friend Karen is the absolute best! It's funny we are best friends because in a lot of ways we are total opposites. She brings out the best in me and I bring out the goofy side in her ;o)
3. I've had both my knees replaced when I was 22, then both my elbows, both of my shoulders and all the fingers on my right hand. I've had my knees for twenty years now and they are still in great shape! PTL for that!! I am quite bionic. Yes, I know I am on crutches and move at a snail's pace, but I can still call myself bionic!
4. I collect anything Noah's Ark! Hallmark always has Christmas ornament out every year that I get, but I also love some of the obscure kind of things too! I have some very old Noah's Ark toys from like 1940-1950. It's a fun thing to collect!
5. I still love baby dolls! Every Christmas I got a new baby doll. One year I received a cloth doll with a plastic head. I took a knife and slit open her mouth so I could feed her real food like green beans. It wasn't long until she started rotting and we had to throw her away! I was so sad, but the next year they came out with a doll called Baby Alive and she was so cool because you could mix up food for her and really feed her! I still have her too!
6. I love music with a passion, but I cannot play any instrument, I cannot read music and I certainly cannot sing! BUT my husband and my three children are all gifted musically. Lalalelulo~wow! I can't even type in tune either...hehe!
7. I have three children and they are all adopted from the same family. We became parents when our daughters were 5 and 3 and then our son came up for adoption and we got him when he was 3 1/2! I really need to write our adoption story sometime because it shows how God was working in our lives!
8. I was bit my a snake when I was five years old and have never been fond of them since!
9. I took some matches from a restaurant when I was seven years old. I went into the bathroom and started lighting them and then throwing them in the toilet. Our furnace kicked on as I was tossing a match and it caught the toilet paper on fire! I also lit matches in my bedroom and set my carpet on fire too. Don't fear~I am cured now!
10. I think my laugh is obnoxious, but most people say it is contagious. I do get tickled pretty easily over things and sometimes I am the only one that laughs at something. I seem to find humor in just about everything. Hey, it's better than crying and complaining, right?
11. I love to pull teeth! I couldn't wait for my kids to start losing their teeth. I've even pulled other kids teeth that I don't really know. I just love to hear that cracking sound!
12. I'm the type of person that once I have met you I pretty much consider you family! In fact, my family is the same way. We truly enjoy getting to know other people and we are not shy at all. I've realized how much we can learn from others and how much we need other people in our lives too!
13. I guess I'll end with one last weird thing about me. I have a big gap between my big toe and the second toe! I could probably fit another small toe in between the two! Oh yea, and a little bonus fact....I cannot stand feet....yucky! I don't even like to touch my own feet when they are clean!
Happy Thursday Thirteen Everybody!!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!
Love T13s about Random things about you!
I would love to read about your adoption stories. God truly does work miracles in our lives.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is a great list, it's fun learning things about people.

I come from a long line of people watchers, too. Theme parks and airports are the best for that.

I didn't even know they could replace elbows and fingers. You mean like a man made joint for them?

Thanks for visitin my T13!

Heather said...

Ohh, I'd also love to hear your adoption story!

You are the bionic woman aren't ya!

Unknown said...

Loved this..I am also easily entertained

Leanne said...

You sound like so much fun - especially at the zoo! I'm a huge animal lover so I can relate.

I also love to pull teeth. Although my kids? They don't like that I like that so much. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great list and wonderful way to get to know you! I love to hear adoption stories...I am an adoptee! I think more people should consider adoption!!!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kelli
http://sobeit89.squarespace.com