11.29.2006

Holiday Meme!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog makes me gag because it is so slimey. I love hot chocolate, especially homemade kind!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was little everything was sat under the tree. I did the same when I had children. Now that they are older we wrap them up. I always wondered why my mom and dad never got us anything!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love the big colored old fashioned bulbs~you know, the kind that would probably start a fire!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We used to all the time, but now that we have teenage daughters we don't! I don't want any boys taking advantage of my girls!!

5. When do you put your decorations up? My daughters birthday is December 16th so we always wait until the day after. She likes it better that way and that's okay with us too!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My sister in law makes the yummiest dressing I have ever tasted! Ooh, and she also makes the best yeast rolls too! Okay my mouth is now officially watering :o)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: On Christmas Eve my mom and brother would set out the gifts while my dad drove me around the neighborhoods looking for Santa and his reindeer! You know what? I always saw Santa flying! I would get so excited and my dad would play along too. Then when dad felt mom had had enough time we would go back home to a tree full of presents and I would get to tell her where I saw Santa! Yes, good times.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was a very immature child and just didn't want to grow up. I really believed until I was about 11 years old. Someone at school made fun of me for it so I asked my mom if Santa was real. She asked me, "What do you think?" I said, "I think he is real!"

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, normally we are at my folks for Christmas Eve so we get to open up lots of gifts! When we get home the kids are usually begging us to let them open one more, but G'ma and G'pa get them so many things that I play Scrooge and say NO!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have lots of special ornaments that we put on every year, but my favorite ornaments are the ones the kids have made throughout the years. The kind with the cotton balls for Santa's beard and the ones with all the glitter that gets every where!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love to be inside safe and warm and watching it fall! I gotta have snow on Christmas Eve though!

12. Can you ice skate? In my dreams I can!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One year my husband was in Bahrain and brought back a beautiful little box that contained gold, frankincense and myrrh. Very special!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Getting everything I want! Just kidding! I would have to say having more opportunites to share the story of Christ's birth and why He came to earth for us with my unsaved friends!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Probably all the different yummy kind of cookies people only make once a year!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? There are so many, but I just love it when we have Christmas music playing while we are decorating the tree. After we're finished we turn off all the lights and only have the tree lights on. It is peaceful and quiet and we sit together on the couch all snuggly like and drink hot chocolate. We talk about past Christmases and just enjoy being together. I can't wait!!

17. What tops your tree? An angel that my daughter made on a paper plate when she was in first grade. I just can't bring myself to change it!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I do love both I will admit. I love finding just the right gift for people I love. And I love receiving the special ornaments my friend Lori makes every year or when my husband makes me something special like a Noah's Ark shadow box to put my Noah's Ark ornaments on!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? These may not be too familiar with you, but I love Mark Lowery's song~Mary, Did You Know? I also love 4Him's song~Strange Way To Save The World. They both make me cry.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? I think they are pretty to put on the tree! I don't care for peppermint, but they have so many flavors now I am sure I could find one I liked!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Amy, I love all your answers to this meme! It is just amazing how much more I end up liking you everytime I come to visit! You made me laugh so much about your candid way you discribe your dislike for Eggnog! hehe! Too funny...don't hold anything back now. lol Love the reason you no longer hang the mistletoe! lol

How thoughtful is the gift of gold, frankinsense and myrrh in the little box from your sweet hubby!

I adore Noah's Ark! Very cute! :) Love all your wonderful memories, I was very naive too! :)

Southern Girl said...

Oh, I love Mark Lowry's version of "Mary, Did You Know?" too! Clay Aiken also did a gorgeous cover of it for his "Merry Christmas with Love" CD.

I enjoyed reading your answers! :)