4.18.2008

Full Friday!

1000 BLESSING'S FRIDAY

231. Last Saturday night we had snow. Early this morning we had an earthquake! 5.3 on the Richtor scale. Kinda scary when you're not used to 'em! Today I am enjoying 80 degree weather with a slight breeze! Perfect weather if you ask me. I have the door open to my office and am thrilled to see green, hearing the birds chirp and smell the charcoal grill! Yep, we are grilling out for lunch again today. Chicken is on the menu this time. My favorite!


232. My mother had her second cataract surgery this week and did beautifully! Plus her diabetes is staying under control too. I hope to have my momma arond a long, long time!

233. A couple of weeks ago my SIL's father, Tom, had most of his pancreas removed because he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was given about a year to live if he had the surgery. We just received a call from him and he told us that the doctors misdiagnosed him and he does NOT have cancer! Yes, several people have already focused on the fact that he had surgery and it was a terrible and frightening misdiagnosis. But Tom is rejoicing in the fact that he does NOT have cancer and unless the Lord has other plans for him Tom should be around a long time!

We have to remember Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We may not understand it at the time, but we have that promise in Him!

234. My husband and I are still struggling. I have been going to counseling for awhile now to learn how to handle his anger. One thing my pastor always reminds me of my situations is ~ Hard is just hard. It's not bad.

There are days I don't think I can take it anymore, but I remind myself that God's hand is in it. God is up to something good! And to be involved in that something good that's headed our way!

235. I do consider it a blessing that God has allowed this tough time into my life. He has me right in the palm of His hand! He wants to mold me into the image of Him. I fail miserably every day, but isn't it wonderful to know that I can go straight to Him and confess my sins and all is forgiven? He never turns His back on me. So why should I try everything my way first? It hasn't worked so far!


FRIDAY'S FEAST


Appetizer


Name a color you find soothing.


While blue is my most very favoritest color of them all I don’t consider it soothing because blue just makes me smile too much! Yes, I am strange. I find that a really soft yellow makes me calm and mellow.


Soup


Using 20 or less words, describe your first driving experience.


Learning to drive a stick was a special time between my father and I because he was a patient man!


Ha! And you thought I wouldn’t keep it to under 20 words or less. LOL!


Salad


What material is your favorite item of clothing made out of?


Do pajama’s count? I bought an over sized Minnie Mouse nightgown at Disneyland on our honeymoon, which was almost 24 years ago! Over the years of wearing it and washing it so often has made it very thin, but oh so comfy! It’s too see through to wear around my son now. It is so soft that even my hubby tried it on just to be silly one night and he understood why I love to wear it so much! I had to fight him to get it back! Not really.


Main Course


Who is a great singer or musician who, if they were to come to your town for a concert, you would spend the night outside waiting for tickets to see?


Those of you that know me will think I am going to say my man, Donny Osmond, but I am not! Now don’t pass out on me just yet peeps! I would spend the night outside to buy tickets for my very favorite Christian group 4Him! Sadly, they are no longer together because God has called them to different ministries, which really is a good thing since they are following His will.


Have you ever noticed when you listen to Christian music it’s hard to stay in a bad mood or feel down? I like to focus on God’s promises and His plan for me!


Dessert


What is the most frequent letter of the alphabet in your whole name (first, middle, maiden, last, etc.)?


This question was interesting to me. The most frequent letter in my name is “I”. I have five of them if I include my maiden name. And I use 14 letters of the alphabet in my name. That was more than I thought I would!


If you are still reading this I say THANK YOU! What is one blessing you've had this week?

15 comments:

mmog37 said...

I came for the Friday Feast, but I actually enjoyed reading through your blog. you asked
What is one blessing you've had this week?

We celebrated my youngest daughter's 13th birthday this week...not a big deal to some, but having lost a child we celebrate each day we are blessed with our children.

Thanks for helping make my Friday Full :)

Unknown said...

Awwww...I always feel full of blessings when I visit you on Fridays.

LOL! YOu did GOOD on your Soup, Shocked me! You did better than me.

I feel blessed this week, that everyone is happy and healthy and I can be back visiting my blog friends again. :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Enjoy reading your feast.
I learn to drive stick shift first.

Kailani said...

I'm so sorry that things are still not right at home. I hope things work out soon!

Kailani
http://islandlife808.com

Jennifer said...

Hey...
I wondered how things were at your house when I saw on the news about the earthquake. I'm glad you are ok and you are enjoying some beautiful weather! This weather is just crazy anymore!!!

I'm glad everything went well with your Mom's surgery.

That is unbelieveable that your SIL's father was misdiagnosed with pancreatic cancer! WOW! I can only imagine how he felt when he found out he was going to be ok.

I will be praying for your marriage. That is hard I'm sure. With God all things are possible. I don't have to tell you that though...you know it already.

I have had a rough week this past week too. We will just have to pray for each other.

Black Sheep Dancing said...

Of course pajamas count!!!

Blessing - my son is a blessing every day.

Unknown said...

I love visiting here, you always make me smile!

Faith said...

Glad you all are ok from the earthquake!

The blessing I've had this week is the weather! The Lord gave us a beautiful Spring Break..it will be hard to go back to school on Monday! We actually got up to 80 yesterday....a bit warm for this time of year here in Capital Region NYS! Have a blessed weekend!

Heather said...

My week has been really trying. But I am blessed with my wonderful new camera!

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear your mom's surgery went so well...and wow about Tom's news! How awsome to find out he doesn't have cancer after all!

Still praying for you and the situation with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Debbie said...

I love your blessings. When I started this blog a few weeks ago. I started a Thankful Thursday. I haven't kept up with everything weekly, but I am continuing (maybe bi-weekly, or monthly). Well see.

Jennifer said...

Where are you??
I'm a missin' U

Unknown said...

Amy,

Is everything OK!! We miss you!!

BIG HUGS
Christine

Kimmie said...

Blessing of the week...do we have to pick only one?

*a wee one I had prayed for got healed, her eye surgery was cancelled because the surgeon realized the tumor was shrinking! Yeah God!
*homeschool books for next year purchased!
*gardening...got the peas and lettuce in!

cheers;
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted