4.04.2008

Blessings & Friday's Feast

1000 BLESSING'S FRIDAY

221. Blessed to be among the living again! I have been to work every single day this week and have been able to go to church both on Sunday and Wednesday! I even took a business trip with my husband to Ohio for a couple of days!


222. I like this number! Does anyone remember the tv show Room 222? I loved that show so much as a little girl. I thought Karen Valentine was the prettiest actress I had ever seen. So I'll say my blessing is receiving some dvd's from my secret pal at church of one of my other favorite shows The Monkees! I can't wait to watch them with my kids. I bet they will like these more than they liked my Donny & Marie dvd's. Go figure!


223. Blessed with much need rain. Everything is starting to green up a bit more!


224. I've recently bumped into several friends and have been surprised at the feuding going on between brothers and sisters. It's so very sad. I am blessed with two wonderful families where everyone always gets along. They really do!


225. There are so many amazing stories going on in people's lives that they are willing to share in Blogville. I am inspired, encouraged and blessed to be able to pray for these families and be allowed to see how God works in their lives. Thank you for letting me be part of yours!



FRIDAY'S FEAST



Appetizer


Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.


I would name my flower~DaBluems...of course, they are a beautiful shade of blue! It never needs watering. It smells like pineapples...Mmmm! And you know what's best about my flower? You can actually eat it. Yep, that's right. And it tastes of fresh pineapple and is a whole lot cheaper too. Oh yeah, it has no calories either!


Sometimes people ask me what color the sky is in my world!


Soup


Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.


Besides Donny? My husband, David, has a beautiful voice and can sing anything. He really can! He's very talented. If I ever figure out how to put it on my blog I will add one of his cd's he made for me. Then you can all hear and judge for yourself.


Salad


On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?
If it weren't for taking my precious Woo with us everywhere then it would have to be a 9, but nope. Let's just say we stay stocked up on duct tape because her hair is so short and hard to sweep up so we use the tape!


Main Course


How do you feel about poetry?
Honestly, I've never given it much thought
Because poetry is a book I have never bought
But I suppose if I were to give it a try
I might laugh or even cry
Now you've got me wondering a thing or two
Is poetry something I could do?


Dessert


What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?


Last night at Crawfordsville High School we had a big hoopla for our homie Luke Menard who was in the final 8 guys on American Idol. He is quite good looking in person I must admit!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are back among the living again! You are a trooper! :)

And I used to love Room 222, I had forgotten about it until I read your post. One of my old favorite shows as a kid was a show called Emergency, my brothers and I would all gather round to watch it every week.
Have a good weekend Amy!!

~Sandy

GreenishLady said...

Funny piece about poetry! And I would love to have a patch of DaBluems in my garden! (I like your blessings too)

Sandee said...

I love your appetizer. Awesome. I love your great imagination. Have a wonderful FF and weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I want your flower! I love pineapple! Yummy!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Great post. I really like your blog and read often. some of my fave TV shows from childhood are Incredible Hulik, Emergency and the Brady Bunch.

Fresh Girl said...

Amy, your #224 is something that I've noticed, too. I never dreamed there were people who fought with or were estranged from their siblings...until I got online. I'd read people saying awful things about their brother or sister. Just boggled my mind. My little brother has done plenty of things that I'd like to smack him upside the head for, but we've always gotten along and I adore him...and I think he does me. He never ends a phone call without telling me he loves me.

So sad that other people don't have that.

Unknown said...

I LOVE reading your poetry!

What a delightful flower!! Marissa loves pineapple. And it's my kind of flower, one you don't need to water, and two, it's blue to remind me of you!!

Have a great day Amy!

HUGS!
Christine

Kailani said...

Wow, that's a great picture of him. He could definitely go into modeling or acting!

Kailani
http://islandlife808.com

Jennifer said...

I want some DaBluems. I need to work in my landscaping soon. It would be great to have some flowers that don't need watering. I'm loving that they smell like pineapples! I would step out into my frontyard and feel like I was in the tropics...near an ocean perhaps. =-)

I hate to see brothers/sisters feuding. It is so sad. I could never be upset with my brothers. Of course we have had our little problems along the way...who doesn't. But, we always show our love for each other. They both know they mean so much to me.

Michelle said...

I haven't been able to visit/comment much, but I'm happy to be reading your Friday blessings and seeing that you were able to be at work that whole week!