3.09.2008

Baby Bye Bye Bye

It's hard to say goodbye....sometimes. This week we said goodbye to Luke Menard. Sad, but true. Why did he decide to sing a Wham song? Gives me chills every time I think about it. And not in a good way! Even though he was my homeboy he needed to go home. We still have one Hoosier in the competition. Amanda Overmyer. I did enjoy her this week, but I don't think she will go far. Good Luck!

I also said goodbye to my kidney stone on Friday!! And I also said goodbye to my pee bag!!!! I have to admit I am missing it because now I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Am I ever happy?

The only thing that was bad on Friday was it took over twenty sticks to get an IV started. They had three men working on me at the same time in the operating room trying to find a vein. It was very painful and I cried. A lot. But it's over! At least until the next one.

Now I need to schedule another surgery to get my ovarian cyst removed. If I have it soon I will have had six surgeries in a year and a half. Whew! That's quite a few, but it is a good reminder of how far I've come and how good God is to me!

I'm ready to say Hello to the outside world again and see what's happening on earth. I hear there is a political race going on. I've also heard tell that Donny Osmond is in a movie! I gotta get out more often.

3 comments:

Kailani said...

The only time I've ever had an IV was when I was in labor. No one warned me that it hurt like HECK! You poor thing!

kailani
An Island Life

Faith said...

Still praying for you!
Yeah, what was up with Luke and that song???? I wanted him to stay!
I do like Amanda but don't think she will last to the top 5. we will see.
My daughters are still oohing and ahhing over David A.! I'll miss tonite...argh! I need to attend a leadership meeting/teaching at church...so I told my 14 yr old she MUST tape it for me!

Fresh Girl said...

Honey, you're busting my surgery records all to pieces! ;) I'm sorry they had such a hard time getting that IV started. I've been there, done that, so I know how horrible it is. :( {{{{Amy}}}}