7.04.2007

A Bit Of Randomness

Amy tagged me quite a few days ago for the 8 random facts about me. I've been MIA for several days and I am now just getting around to it. I've done these before, but I can easily come up with more! At least it's not the weird meme, because we all know there's nothing strange left to tell about me. I'm the most normal person around. ;o)

1. It's only 34 days until my 43rd birthday! My dad used to get the biggest kick out of me because I would start counting down the days until my b-day at the beginning of the year. Even this January before he died he managed to ask me how many days until my birthday. Of course I figured it out and told him. I'm happy I could still make him laugh. Omission of gifts is NOT requested....heehee!

2. Who here thinks Antonio Banderas and Denzel Washington are muy caliente? Oh yeah, that would be moi! Sigh.

3. I just checked and ALL four of my wisdom teeth have now decided to make their presence known. Why now? I'm wise beyond my years as it is ladies!

4. My kids are looking forward to me having surgery because we have awesome cooks in our baptist church. You know what I'm saying! A few years ago when I had something (shoulder, I think) replaced we had seven meals brought in. One every other day. And every.single.meal was a pan of lasagna. Now don't get me wrong. We loved lasagna and was very much appreciative for their kindness, but if you've ever eaten lasagna y'all know that one pan lasts a really long time. Needless to say my family (besides me) will not eat it anymore. Word got round the church so now the sweet ladies who provide the meals let my kids no there will be no lasagna!

5. I had my physical yesterday and I passed and am cleared for surgery. My blood pressure was a little high, but that's because I was dreading the blood tests. I am excruciatingly hard to get. About the only place a lab technician can get it is in the back of my left hand at the first knuckle. And BOY does it hurt. I will admit I usually shed a tear or two. 10 times out of 10 they have to stick me at least five times of not more. My mom called several ladies to pray and of course me and my hubby prayed and you know what? That precious lab tech got it in ONE stick!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord. You are so good to me.

6. Eye used 2 b ah terifick spellor annd evun wun the speellin beez at skool evry yeer. Eym knot soe guud enymoore.

7. You know how some people dread it when folks get out old movies or photo albums of their families and go over every single picture with probably more info than you wanted to know? You may be one of them, I don't know. Anyway, I love, love, love to sit with people and learn all about their heritage. You can invite me over and I'll watch your home movies of your kids or I'll look at your albums of your great, great relatives or even your pets! If it is important to you than it is too me as well.

8. Okay, let's see. What is one last random fact that you are just dying to know? Many years ago we had our car stolen at Beef and Boards dinner theatre. I remember my husband saying let's park it under the lights so we'll see it when we come out! And the crazy thing is with all the BMW's and other fancy cars in the parking lot they had to steal our 1992 station wagon! Why? The police informed us that it was stolen because of the nice set of wheels. Go figure!

I know so many of you have done this so I don't think I have eight people to tag, but I'll ask these few because I would like to know more about them:

1. Kimmy
2. Sandy
3. Robin
4. Stacy
5. De

If you don't want to do it I won't be offended...sniff, sniff. ;o) Hey? If there's any question you would like to know, but were afraid to ask...I think now is the time to ask it. I don't know how more opportunites are going to open up for you in the future! Now's your chance folks~as long as it is appropriate, please. We're family friendly around here. Plus I've led a very sheltered life so I may not even know what you are talking about!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy,
It's always fun to get to know you better! :)

LOL! I think Antonio is muy caliente too!
I'm glad all your tests came back with good news.

Happy 4th of July!

Unknown said...

Oh I love your posts!! Thanks for doing it!

Michelle said...

Now that's a lot of lasagna! I would get sick of it too :) Yay for you on getting good results from your physical!

Kimmy said...

Hey, Amy. I'll work on my tag in the next couple of days. I'm trying to think of 8 new things that would be of interest. Sometimes I think I'm too boring.

Robin said...

Hi Amy-
Thanks for the tag! However, I just did this one - you can find it here:
http://robin-robinznest.blogspot.com/2007/05/random-things-i-have-been-tagged-by-mom.html
I loved reading yours - you have a great blog and I plan to visit you more!

De said...

I finished my tag. Thanks for the challenge!

Anonymous said...

I just posted mine, thanks for the tag, fun, fun!

http://samismom22.wordpress.com

Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks Amy for sharing these things about yourself. I like reading memes because you always learn something new about someone.

Hope everything turns out well on your surgery. God bless.