12.18.2007

Mama said there be days like this....


Ever get caught up in the middle of a mess without trying? Yep, that would me. And I have no idea how I even got there!

Maybe it wasn't so bad after all being home bound for so long.

Enough about me. Please be in prayer for my dear friend Steve. His father was out shoveling snow yesterday and came in the garage to sit a spell and suddenly died. Probably of a heart attack, but I don't know for certain.

My heart is aching for him right now. Steve is about eight years younger than I am. He's just too young to lose his father. I've been missing my dad terribly this week and when I got the news of his dad I just let loose. I know it's okay to cry, but it was one of those uncontrollable sobs where you can't catch your breath and then you end up with a terrible headache. I wish you all could have met him. Someday you will!

I know everyone is busy in Blogville, but if you happen to stop by I hope you are doing well this week. I'm praying for so many of your requests you left on your blogs. If there is something else you would like me to pray for please let me know.

Casting all you care upon Him for He careth for you.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear that about Steve's father, that's terrible. :(

De said...

Can't imagine! What heartbreak. Please know we are praying for Steve and his family. Also still praying for you. Blogittyville is busy, but never too busy not to at least stop by a friends and say Merry Christmas. Hope yours is a blessed one.

Faith said...

I will definitely pray for him.
Please pray that my folks will travel safely to visit us on xmas eve day. They only have to travel 2 hours east from my hometown but they tend to get very tired these days and bad weather makes my mother very nervous. My daughters really want them to come for the day so...thanks for your prayers!

Kailani said...

How sad, especially so during the holidays. My prayers go out to the family.

Kailani
An Island Life

Kimmy said...

Hi, Amy. Sorry it's been a while since I've been able to visit. I just wanted to let you know that you've been on my mind a lot for the past several weeks, specifically in relation to what you've posted about here . . . missing your dad. I've been praying for you and your family as you face this first Christmas without him. My dad is going through some health issues right now and I fear that this will be my last Christmas with him. God only knows.
((HUGE HUGS)) to you today, my friend!
Love, Kimmy

Kimmy said...

And yes, Amy. I'll pray for Steve as well. Sorry, I forgot to mention that in the previous comment.

Fresh Girl said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your friend. I pray he will find peace even as he grieves. And for you, too, sweet Amy...I know you're missing your dad, especially this time of year. {{{{Amy}}}}