12.18.2007

In "Other" Words



"Don't blame suffering in the world on the anger of God. He's not mad; he didn't mess up. Follow our troubles to their headwaters, and you won't find any angry or befuddled God. But you will find a sovereign God. Your pain has a purpose. Your problems, struggles, heartaches, and hassles cooperate toward one end -- the glory of God."~Max Lucado, It's Not About Me~


My struggles and pains are no different than anyone elses. Many people say to me, "I know I'm not as bad off as you....." This may be true at times, but you can easily find someone else in a circumstance that you do not wish to be in. But you know what? Someday we might find ourselves going through the same kind of trial. God's timing is perfect folks! And if and when we are faced with such trials He gives us the strength and courage to face it head on. We also need to remember that with each trial comes learning. There is a purpose.

When I was in high school I had arthritis and stayed on crutches for four years. To me it was no big deal...most of the time. Anyway, my government teacher stopped teaching class one day and walked over to my desk and asked, "Do you blame anybody for your situation?" I was confused. My friend leaned over and said, "He's asking you if you blame God?" That was the furthest thought from my mind! I told my teacher, "If it weren't for my Lord and Savior I would not be able to handle the pain. This I am sure. And someday I will be free from it all." He just turned and walked away. To this day I don't know why he asked that, but I hope he was able to see Christ through me.


I love the following words so much. I can't remember right now where I read this, but the first time I read it I thought WOW, my trials are coming from the throne of God! I learned very quickly that when you have a disability people WILL watch you and how you react in situations. I fail many times I know. When I am not in the Word of God daily it shows! My one hope through all this is that I do glorify God and people can see Christ in me.


There is nothing--no circumstance, no trouble, no testing--that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is--that is the rest of victory!


Is that awesome or what? When you find yourself down please copy this to your computer so you can read it and know hat there is a reason and purpose for what you are facing.

3 comments:

marine's words said...

That was beauitful that truly touch my heart and spoke to me today thank you for your words.
You are truly bless by God.
and I have been bless so much by your friendship.
( I think Donny Osmond both us together)
love you,
marina-osmond

Michelle said...

thank you so much for sharing this!

Hopeful Spirit said...

What a wonderful post. Thanks so much for participating this week . . . your words certainly contributed to an excellent dialogue. I'm so happy Amy let me host!

Merry Christmas and blessings in your continued healing.

Hopeful Spirit
On the Horizon