11.26.2007

Miss Independent

I can't let a whole week go by and not post anything! Shameful. But I do have good reason. Now don't get too excited people. The truth is.....I've hardly been home at all!!!! Do you know what that means? It means that I feel good enough (or is it well enough?) to be out in the real world. For like several days in.a.row!!!!!!! The only thing I need is help getting in the car still. I am so close to being able to do it all by myself. I'm a big girl now! Pardon my immaturity. I'm feeling a tad bit on the strange side tonight.

Anyway, I had the best time driving in my van all by my lonesome! I haven't had that in such a long time. I had several errands to do where I didn't have to get out of the car. As I was driving I realized I had the radio all to myself! That like never happens. And I sure hope you are sitting down because I need to tell you who I listened to. NO! It wasn't Donny. I warned you! I put on Chris Daughtry. And I turned on the volume as loud as it would go! TeeHee!!! And I sang and sang. My head swayed back and forth to the music. I clutched my heart when it was a sad song. I even got out a lighter and held it high in the air. Okay, that was a bit much. Went too far.

It's nice to start feeling like I have a little independence. The stronger my right leg gets the sooner I won't need any help getting in the car. But I must be patient. And I will be. Look how far I've come from the beginning of the year!

You already know one of my very favorite verses, but let's say it all together, shall we?

Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."

So true.

8 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, I'm so very happy to read this Amy! I'm so glad you're feeling better and getting out more. I know that is doing wonders for your mood and spirit :)

Have a great day and enjoy your week, Miss Independent!!!

Barb said...

What a happy, inspiring and uplifiting post, Amy! Your delight at becoming more independent and self-sufficient shines through all these words.

You know what? I STILL think Chris should have won American Idol. I rooted for him until the very end and am still shocked he was voted off. He's just amazing.

This was fun, fun, fun to read. Congratulations on spending all those days in a row out in the world, all by yourself, rather than indoors sitting behind a computer. LOL

marine's words said...

amy, thanks for stoping by please let me know how to fine out when donny & marie well be in Vegas!!
thanks.marina

As We Sail... said...

It made me laugh to hear you having such a good time.

Faith said...

I am so glad to read about your happy day!

Fresh Girl said...

My Bloglines has been full and overflowing with all the blogs I haven't read in the last few days, but I've been obsessed with finishing my mom's Christmas present. I say all that to explain why I'm just now getting around to Wheeeeeeeeeeing at your great news!

I'm so happy for you getting to get out and go, go, go! I KNOW what that feels like -- it's euphoric, isn't it?

Keep up the good work! :)

Kimmy said...

WOW . . . What a post! I am OVERJOYED for you that you've been able to get out so much and that you are regaining your independence. Praise God! Blessings to you today!
Love,
Kimmy

Michelle said...

I am just beyond happy for you Amy! It does my heart good to read this post from you and know that you are well on your way to total independence! You have come so far and I'm so happy to have been on the sidelines watching your journey!