6.22.2007

I Am Touched




I received the Blogger Reflection Award from my dear friend DeeDee yesterday. This is what she had to say about me:

"I correspond with Amy frequently. I don’t know that I’ve ever met someone who makes the phrase “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade,” more real. And she throws a great party doing it. She is very transparent about her struggles, yet holds onto her faith with ferocity. And I imagine that she has a very hearty laugh. She’s a breath of fresh air. And she is not ashamed to admit that she “hearts” Donny Osmond. Because of her, I’ve come out of the closet as well. I “HEART” DONNY OSMOND. So there. Amy, you are a sweetheart. And I’m glad you’re my friend."

I know many of you love Donny already, oops I meant DeeDee. But, if you have never been to her place you must visit her today. And be sure to take the time to read her archives. To me DeeDee is the best writer in all of Blogville. I can't remember how I stumbled upon her site, but am I ever glad I found her. Most of her posts will leave you rolling on the floor laughing. I'll admit I've learned to go to the bathroom before I read her in the morning. Yes, she is that funny! But more importantly DeeDee has become a true friend. When I am down I send her an e-mail spilling my guts and in no time she replies back with words of encouragement, scripture passages to read and tells me she loves me. Who could ask for anything more?

Please follow these rules. I am allowed to choose five (and only 5) who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted me in some way, and have been a Godly example to me. Five bloggers who when I reflect on them I get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them. Even though I would pick DeeDee again for this award I know she would want me to choose five others that are deserving as well. It is very hard to choose only five because I love all of you so much, but here in alphabetical order (lol!) are my choices:

Carol rocks. Literally. She plays bass in a christian band, which happens to be all female. How cool is that? She's gonna let me play drums when we all get to Heaven! She, too, has been a great source of strength for me, especially when I lost my father five months ago. She reminded me that no matter what I will always be daddy's girl. Those few precious words meant the world to me when I was in such sorrow. There's lots to love about her though. Her blog is beautifully written. She can be deep and share what God is teaching her and she can be light hearted and make me laugh, which by far is my favorite thing to do. I'm pleased to call her friend.

Christine is beautiful inside and out. She is the bubbliest blogger I've met so far. From the moment I peeked at her blog I felt welcome and at home. We have a lot in common such as our love of Mustangs, we both lost our father, and we think Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. But who doesn't think that? She's a wonderful, caring mother of four beautiful children. She's a loving, supportive wife too. She's always one to write encouraging words when I am not feeling my best or even when I am. She let's me know she's thinking of me and praying for me. She makes me smile everyday when I see her picture. You can't help, but smile back. I'm blessed to have her for my friend. We so need to go to Disneyland together!

Kimmy I felt an instant connection with her. We are still getting acquainted, but I knew we would be friends. She's fairly new to Blogville so be sure and stop by and say Hi! She's open and honest with her feelings. I like that. I feel comfortable sharing my struggles with her and know that she understands. I'm never judged by what I say, only encouraged. I know she prays and is concerned just like a friend would be. Just by reading her blog you can tell what a huge heart she has for others. She's a committed mom and I enjoy reading about her boys. She shares what she is learning from her devotions and books she is reading. You never know if one of her posts is exactly what God wants for you that day! I would love to meet Kimmy. I have a feeling I would be welcomed with open arms.

Michelle is the best. I came across her blog because of her beautiful daughter Kayla. I love children, even more than laughing. She posts so many pictures and videos of Kayla. We are invited into her world as she writes about Kayla. She shares from the heart and is real about life with her daughter and husband. Michelle writes the best Grains of Gratitude every Sunday. You can tell that she is truly thankful for the good and even the trials she comes face to face with. She's such a loving wife and mother too. She's a faithful friend and always leaves uplifting and encouraging words. Once you've visited them you'll never forget them. I would love to meet her, Joe and Kayla someday. I feel honored to have them in my life.

Southern Girl is my hero. She loves Clay Aiken like I love Donny Osmond. She's faced many challenges over the years, but shines through every trial. She's an encouragement to me because I am trying to lose weight while having a disability and she's been successful on her weight loss challenge while facing some tough problems. SG is thoughtful and kind. I know we all know how funny she is, but I see a softer side. I think her mom, dad, brother, sil and nephew are blessed beyond measure to have her in their lives. SG sees the positive in every situation and that's my kind of friend. I know we could sit together and not discuss our ailments because they're is too much else in the world to focus our attention on like Clay and Donny. Right friend?

Thank you to all these ladies for their support, encouragement, friendship and love.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, I'm Touched. Thank you, so much Amy. I love all of your comments, when you come to visit, long or short, you make my days. :)

Thank you for being such a sweet friend. Love ya too!

~Christine
www.arewethereyetmom.com

Carol said...

Oh my. This is very humbling. And I agree with Christine - when it comes to commenters, you are THE best!

Drums, congas, djembes, tamborines....heaven's going to be full of percussion and we'll be jammin' for Jesus!

Thank you, my sweet friend! Will give this much thought before I pay it forward.

Kimmy said...

Oh my goodness, Amy. Thank you so much. I don't feel deserving of this at all, but I am so honored that you chose me. I appreciate you as well. I love to read your blog in anticipation of finding out how you're doing and what's new. And I'm always so happy to "see" (via comments) that you stopped by to visit. THANK YOU for the encouragement you are to ME. Take care, my friend. My prayers are with you.

Kimmy said...

A-M-Y!!!! Please check out my recipients of this award. Enjoy!

Southern Girl said...

Amy, I've already said so on my own blog, but being the recipient of this honor, especially from you, just made my day! What sweet, generous words...I'm not sure I deserve them, but I appreciate them all the same. Thank you!

And yes, we'd totally talk each others ears off about Clay and Donny. ;)

Michelle said...

I'm also touched that you chose my blog as one of your 5 to pass this along too! Wow! Thank you so much for your very kind words! I will have to spend some time thinking about who to give this award too - it's hard picking only 5. I'm honored, thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that Dee Dee nominated you! You are a shinning light, and God is using YOU, even with all your physical struggles, God is using YOU Amy!!

May you God continue to Bless you and use you!! :) I love your heart....I know I always say that...but I do.

Sandy @Jesus and Dark Chocolate