1.25.2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Personal Prayer Requests
1. Mom is doing well, but please remember her these coming months.
2. My sister-in-law has stage 2 breast cancer and will be going through chemo and radiation.
3. My brother is having a rough time with dad's death. My brother is a christian, but I think he is having regrets about not spending as much time as he could with dad when he was here.
4. My Awana girls! They are eating up all the Bible stories and verses. Please pray that they come to an understanding of salvation and accept the free gift!
5. Our business. We have many cars to restore, but owning your own business is rough. Please pray for financial stability and that we find good dependable workers.
6. I usually don't like to ask for myself. I don't why I do that. This winter has been very rough so far. I have many responsibilities (I know you do too!) and so many people depend on me (which I don't mind!), but my physical needs are demanding and I am barely able to take care of myself let alone my responsibilities. I do appreciate it~Thanks!
7. My kids. Because of my health they are having extra responsibilities themselves. For right now we are doing what really needs to be done. I hope nobody stops by our house because it is not in that great of shape! But there will be clean dishes and laundry. You might see the cobwebs~please don't think it's that way all the time! How are you with a dust cloth and a new can of Pledge?
8. My mother in law needs her knees replaced, but since her daughter has cancer she is putting it off until she is well. I know her pain and I want to be there for her. She's a great mother in law and we love each other very much!
9. My mother's dearest friend, Phyllis, has many ailments that the doctors cannot figure out what is wrong. She's one of the sweetest ladies you'll ever meet.
10. The Colts~that they win the Superbowl!! Should we even pray for stuff like that?
11. My oldest daughter is trying to find a better paying job outside of Kroger. And she's taking classes at a local college. I know God's timing will work out.
12. My Uncle George had brain cancer and is doing well, but because of the chemo and radiation treatments he has many new problems. I know I shouldn't have favorites, but he is mine!
13. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Please leave me a note and let me know how I can pray for you!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should never be afraid to ask for prayer for yourself. We are commanded to bear one another's burdens and praying is the very least we can do! Thanks for visiting my Thursday thirteen #27, the 13 Home Repair and Improvement Projects I Have to Do edition.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
The Lord bless and keep you. I couldn't have said it better than Laurel, and I agree with Dane, you should never be afraid to ask for a prayer for yourself.
As my husband is starting his own custom woodworking business, I understand the financial burdens.
I'd pray for the Colts too, except I'm a 49ers fan! :P
Keeping you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your family has a lot on its plate right now. I have prayed for all of your list, including the Colts... :)

Right now I'm seeking God's will in my life in some trying circumstances. If you want to pray for me...having me follow His will is good enough for me.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your family has a lot on its plate right now. I have prayed for all of your list, including the Colts... :)

Right now I'm seeking God's will in my life in some trying circumstances. If you want to pray for me...having me follow His will is good enough for me.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your family has a lot on its plate right now. I have prayed for all of your list, including the Colts... :)

Right now I'm seeking God's will in my life in some trying circumstances. If you want to pray for me...having me follow His will is good enough for me.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your family has a lot on its plate right now. I have prayed for all of your list, including the Colts... :)

Right now I'm seeking God's will in my life in some trying circumstances. If you want to pray for me...having me follow His will is good enough for me.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Great list for TT. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Pamela said...

Aww, I echo Laurel Wreath. I too hope and pray that you find peace and comfort and solutions to keep that wonderful business going. Good help is sometimes hard to find.

I am a whiz kid with a dust cloth and a brand new can of Pledge. Hope it is lemon scented! It seems like your loving family embraces your needs and are so supportive, all because they love you!

Stage 2 is still pretty early isn't it as far as, having a pretty good diagnosis. Your Mother-in-law sounds like she has a heart of gold. Tell your sweet brother to remember the good times with his Dad, not to worry about the number of times he spent with him because one day we will all be reunited with our loved ones in Heaven! :)

Anonymous said...

Will definitely send up a prayer for you!!
Can understand the own business thing - we're there, too! It's hard and takes a lot of leaning on God.

God, I lift up these prayer requests to you, I ask that you would hold each one carefully in your hands. Grant peace and joy knowing that you are in control. I pray for healing and assistance in each of these situations, but above all else that you would be glorified in the lives of each of these people mentioned here. We praise you for all you have done and all you have yet to do,
IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!

You take care, okay? :)

Goofy Girl said...

Wow, you've really got a lot going on in your life. And don't worry about asking for things for yourself too, you're such a sweet person, and you deserve good things too!! :) Will be keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts !

Barb said...

My word, Amy. Your plate is very full right now. I feel very bad for your brother. All of you, actually, and I'm still praying you will take comfort in each other as you recover from this loss.

Unknown said...

Hi Amy. I wish you the very best.

And even though the Colts beat my Patriots, I'll say a little prayer they win. I love Payton. :)

Michelle said...

You sure do have a lot going on with different family members and friends who could all use an extra prayer! Consider it done!

Kailani said...

Wow, there sure is a lot going on in your family right now. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

An Island Life
http://islandlife808.com

Unknown said...

Lovely list. I will be praying for you!