6.13.2008

Friday Already?!!


1000 BLESSING'S FRIDAY


251. Our wonderful new neighbor came over and helped my son and husband with the trees that had fallen due to the storms last Friday. He's an older gentleman and could only work for a short spell because of health issues. We worried about him because we don't know him yet. He wanted to help so badly. Bless his heart!

252. Even though gas prices has hit an all time high around here ($4.19), I know we are still blessed. Other countries have been paying more for a really long time. I try to remember this each time I fill up my van for $68!

253. Each week I am so thankful and blessed with our pastor. I never walk away from a sermon without a challenge. And he knows how to teach us so well that the young ones sit up, listen and understand and the more seasoned folks are learning and being fed as well. And as far as his counseling goes? I feel so comfortable talking with him and his wife about anything and everything. I feel the love, people!

254. Blessed that our air conditioning is working again!! It was getting rather hot and sticky in the house I will admit. An even bigger blessing was that it turned out to be a circuit breaker thingy on the outside unit. My hubs didn't know there even was one out there!

255. Ice was a huge blessing this week! We bought several big bags and just kept munching on ice cubes to keep cool. We were a noisy family with all the crunching, but it worked!




FRIDAY'S FEAST

Appetizer

Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

I am definitely one that sees the glass as half full. The way I see it is God only gives you what you can handle and provides a way to get through it. And I can always, always think of someone in worse situations than me. Now having said this I don't want people to think I don't ever complain or say ~ why?~ because I am not perfect. Close though. Just kidding!

Soup


What is your favorite color of ink to write with?

Well if you know me at all you know that I always find a BLUE pen to write with with a medium point. But when I am feeling girly I like to get out the pretty gel pens and write with all the different shades of pinks, purples, greens and blues!


Salad


How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?

I get a manicure everyday as I sit and bite and pick at my nails when I am bored. Does that count? Not very pretty though!

Main Course


Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?

YES!!!! On last week's Blessings list I posted about my winning a set of books and some chocolates! I've also won other books before from other bloggers! And a set of candles too!

Dessert

In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?

We actually don't have a computer at home. Shocker!! I use a laptop at work and if I need at home I have a really cool computer bag to take it home in. It's blue. Just in case you were wondering!

I am not sure why part of my post is so huge. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it! Sorry about that.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I enjoyed your answers. As far as the post typing being so big, your font size has gotten changed somehow. I just learned that you can go to your blog's dashboard, click on color and font or font and color and you can choose the font size for all your posts and also the color.

Hope you can visit me today. You can see I have several colors on mine.

Kara said...

Blue is my favorite color :) Great feast!