10.08.2007

The Other Woman


The minute he laid eyes on the four puppies my husband pointed to her and said she's the one. He visited her everyday and held her in his arms as she napped. The day she turned six weeks old he brought her home! She only spent a few days in the doggy jail because he couldn't take the poor pitiful cries during the night. Sucker! He brought her to bed with us and she immediately snuggled up to him and slept the entire night.

Now five years later nothing has changed. She is in love with my husband! Every night when David goes to bed she lays her head on his chest and settles in for the night. He tells her to get on the end of the bed and she obeys. As I listen for him to fall asleep I watch her. She's smart. She waits for him to start snoring. She quietly starts to make her move. Little by little she inches her way back to her man. If he moves or stops snoring while she's making her move then she will stop dead in her tracks until she knows it's safe again! I told you she was smart.

I wouldn't have it any other way though. She is a constant companion. She is better behaved than the kids. Seriously! We only have to count to two when she is doing something she shouldn't. Being home bound for the past nine months has been survivable mostly because of her. She sits on the bed with me and looks deep in my eyes to let me know she cares. She loves me unconditionally. Her name is Wensleydale, but I call her Precious. She knows she is loved. If I had to share my husband with somebody (or something) else I couldn't have picked any better!

12 comments:

Connie Barris said...

I love her... she is beautiful... yes.. I can understand why you should share your bed with another woman as beautiful as she is... smile....

blessings my dear friend
Connie

Heather said...

Awww she is so adorable! Doggies give the best kind of love :)

Kailani said...

Just look at her lovable face! I can see why she's an important part of the family!

Kailani
An Island Life

Southern Girl said...

What a sweet girl! I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't love that cutie.

Dianne said...

Now THAT is a sweet post! I'm not even a huge dog fan, but I can tell I'd love yours! Animals certainly have a way of gaining our heart, don't they? This was a great post.

Unknown said...

She is awesome!!!! I loved this post!

Unknown said...

Amy she's beautiful and Smart!! :)
Who could resist that adorable face?
I'd name her 'Precious' too, because that what she is!!
~Christine
www.arewethereyetmom.com

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Awww, she is gorgeous and such a loving companion! I love dogs and I love dog people. Dogs can teach us so much about being unselfish and loving unconditionally, can't they?!

Wonderful post! :)

Kimmy said...

Oh, she's so cute! I don't know why, but all this time I thought "she" was actually a "he" doggy. I loved this post. It was so sweet.

Carol said...

Y'all must have one big bed if there's room for her AND him AND all your many pillows!

Barb said...

Hi Amy,

I came over here to see how you're doing and you sound good. I'm so glad.

I could have written this exact post about Chelsea. This is exactly what she does in my bed. She actually kind of hogs the bed, little as she is. LOL

I couldn't agree with you more - Chelsea is a constant companion to me and I don't know what on earth I'd do without her.

Kimmie said...

Oh, I just want to give her a big hug and kiss...she is WAY sweet!

I bet she is an excellent friend!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted